When you try to open a QuickBooks company file in the multi-user mode, there are potential changes that you can encounter the QuickBooks error H202 Server 2012.
The QuickBooks error H202 Server 2012 occurs on the following instances:
- The user is trying to access a company file of QuickBooks that is located on a different system and the one that is trying to access is unable to reach out to the server of the other system.
- QuickBooks software is unable to establish a communication with the host server.
Why does the QuickBooks error H202 Server 2012 occur?
One of the potential reasons why the QuickBooks error H202 server 2012 occurs is because the Company desktop fails to establish a connection with the server while trying to establish a connection with the company files. The other reasons may include:
- Incorrect settings of hosting configurations.
- When the Firewall setting of QuickBooks interrupts the access to the QuickBooks company files.
- Damaged .ND file settings.
- When the QuickBooks database server manager is unable to locate the IP address of the host computer.
- Incorrect setting of DNS.
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooks DBXX or QBCF are not working.
How to solve the QuickBooks Error H202 Server 2012?
Users can follow the steps mentioned below in order to deal with the QuickBooks error H202 Server 2012:
Method 1: By using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
By downloading and thereafter running the QuickBooks File Doctor tool you will be able to clear up the software of all the H series as well as the multi-user errors. In case this doesn’t resolve the problem, you may proceed towards the method 2.
Method 2: Verify the hosting and the services
- On every single host computer locate FILES.
- Click on UTILITIES under the File menu.
- Locate MULTI-USER ACCESS. If you are able to locate this options, then that particular system will not be hosting the file.
- Locate the STOP HOSTING MULTI-USER ACCESS and select it.
- Click on the YES option where it says the Company file must be closed.
- Make sure the QuickBooks DBXX and QBCF monitor are running.
- Select the Window Start Menu
- Access the run command by pressing the Window + R keys,
- Type MSC
- Press ENTER
This should open the service Window. Locate the option of QuickBooks DBXX.
- Double click on this option.
- Make sure that the startup and the service type are set to begin.
- Click RECOVERY
- Open the Computer Menu and this will restart the QuickBooks DBXX service.
- Save the changes.
- The same steps are to be followed for QBCF monitor.
- Access QuickBooks Multi-user version on every workstation.
Performing all the above steps should solve the QuickBooks error H202 Server 2012. In case it does not, go ahead and get in touch with the customer support team.