What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and ways to use it?
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a free and downloadable program provided by Intuit to solve the connectivity and multiuser errors with the QuickBooks software. It is used to troubleshoot errors that one might receive while opening a QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode of the application. The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can help solving issues related to QuickBooks H505 errors and QuickBooks H202 error and QuickBooks 6000 errors. The tool is compatible with QuickBooks version 2008 and newer versions. It works only with computers running Windows Vista, 7, and XP.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool investigates the vague mistake that occurs while opening the company file record (.qbw) when running in the multiuser mode. It easily settles the issues simply by downloading and running the software. You can download and run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to fix the error that occurs while you try installing the QB Desktop. It is like a troubleshooting wizard that normally opens with any Windows computer when trying to install any software. The version 4.0 is the most popular version of the software. It is rated as the virus free tool that helps fixing the errors without disrupting the normal functionality of the computer.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is useful in solving the following errors:
- If you are not able to connect QuickBooks to the database
- Unable to know which firewall port to be set open
- QuickBooks database connecting issues
What are the ways to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Simply download and install the software on your computer. Now, double-click on the connection diagnostic tool icon and run the software. After the dialog box appears, you need to follow the steps below.
- Check the Connection Tab This option allows you to run a test on the computer set up in order to ensure that the company data files are easy to open and edit from the computer. Whether you are working in the single-user or multiuser mode, this test must ensure all the company files are accessible from your computer. In certain cases where the permissions to the users are not set correctly, the error can still persist.
- Investigate the firewall option If the firewalls or the ports are disabled or blocked, the error can still continue to be present and can hinder your attempt at accessing the files. So, check the firewall status area in the dialog box that appears on your screen and also know the basic instruction about the firewall.
- Diagnose the connectivity Onscreen instructions also provide you with an option to test the workstation’s connectivity. Check your PC’s connectivity and ensure you have a stable internet connection.
How to run a connectivity test on your computer
- Go to the button next to the Company File filed and find your company file.
- The Linux system will work only if the Network setup is enabled in the Alternate Mode. Therefore, make sure you check the box for Change Hosting Server.
- Click on the Test Connectivity button.
- It is important to know that before you start any connectivity test, all the statues will appear as ‘Not Applicable’ in Blue.
- After you run the test, the statues that have not problems will appear in Green color or in Red if the problem is detected.
- In case the File Open Status is in Red color, it indicates that the testing is failed. And, the Advanced section will expand to reveal that all the areas are checked. Now, click on ‘What do these mean?’
- After you have fixed the relevant statutes, run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and check if there is any other problem left unsolved.
- At last, when the ‘File Open Status: Successful’ message shows on your computer, follow the above steps for every workstation that has QuickBooks installed.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is made to automatically recognize and fix the errors with the following components.
- Microsoft.Net Framework
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool version 4.0 is the most advanced version which is available for troubleshooting the software. Intuit has also rolled-out the more powerful tool with the latest feature and named it QuickBooks File Doctor.
In order to resolve the issues that appear for unwanted reasons, it is recommended to follow the abovementioned steps diligently. And, if while trying you fail to perfume certain steps, you must contact the QuickBooks technical support team and get an expert assistance. The customer support team is available 24x7 to resolve any issue related to the software.
© 2017 quickbookssupportnumber - All Rights Reserved